Compression socks offer several health benefits—not only to your feet and legs, but your entire body, too.
The compression therapy offered by properly constructed compression socks applies gentle pressure to your legs, ankles, and feet, promoting blood flow from your legs to your heart.
Compression socks can also help to reduce pain and swelling in your legs, ankles, and feet when used properly.
Your doctor or therapist may recommend compression socks.
When wearing compression socks, you should:
- Ensure that the socks should fit properly
- Follow recommendations on when you should wear them
- Follow recommendations on how long they should be worn
- You discontinue use if you experience a reaction from the fabric
- Follow the recommendations by your doctor or therapist